Topic: SCM Crashing

I tried to use SCM today and I'm being met by two different errors.

The first is occurring when SCM attempts to login and I see a message on the login windows that says "login expired."

I've changed my password, but it's had no effect.

The second is after the login window goes away, I'm presented with a window titled "SCM Crash Reporter." The contents of the error are:

System.Exception: Unable to connect to the scheduler. Please restart the program.
   at SEOContentMachine.frmMain.InitializeScheduler()
   at SEOContentMachine.frmMain..ctor(ⳇ袕ẞ⁼坨䔉壿 theScmClient)
   at 㸴榳่붕瞸.类璮孩ᠻ亿䳌�뿈()

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Re: SCM Crashing

The error is because SCM is having trouble connecting to the SCM Server to authenticate you.
Do you have any anti-virus programs running in the background that could be blocking SCM attempts to connect to the internet?

How often does this error occur on startup? (Everytime, once in 3-4 times?)

I have SCM running on a computer with no AV at all. And yes, this is happening every time I launch SCM.

Aside from this, I have no other issues with other software being able to connect to the internet.

So I just grabbed a network capture for when this happens. What I'm seeing is that SCM is sending an authentication request to direct.seocontentmachine.com. The HTTP post to the URI to check the user is successful. There is a second HTTP post to the URI for the plan where the server is responding with an HTTP error 406 and the following response.

<head><title>Not Acceptable!</title></head><body><h1>Not Acceptable!</h1><p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.</p></body></html>

I then see it go through the HTTP post to check the user again several more times and that's about it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/teberuu/public_html/seocontentmachine.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/teberuu/public_html/seocontentmachine.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/teberuu/public_html/seocontentmachine.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 791

<head><title>Not Acceptable!</title></head><body><h1>Not Acceptable!</h1><p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.</p></body></html>

I then see it go through the HTTP post to check the user again several more times and that's about it.

Yeh I thought this was the problem, as I get it occasionally when checking for updates. However, now that it affects normal users it just confirms my original thoughts.

I will get in touch with hosting company and attempt to get this fixed ASAP.

Thankyou for getting the network capture for me, that kind of info helps me fix problems quickly.

Can you attach the entire network capture for me?

Also are you running the newest version/
http://seocontentmachine.com/members_download/

or
Trial:
http://seocontentmachine.com/download/

According to Program Files, I was running 4.0.6.1. Since I couldn't update through SCM, I uninstalled and installed the latest version.

It's now loading properly. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

Thanks for the help.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/teberuu/public_html/seocontentmachine.com/forum/include/parser.php on line 737

tactix_scott wrote:

According to Program Files, I was running 4.0.6.1. Since I couldn't update through SCM, I uninstalled and installed the latest version.

It's now loading properly. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

Thanks for the help.

Ok great,

I made some code changes as well to make the kind of errors you experience less likely in the future.